Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Bunny Bun Progress

Since the picture of the pink bunny head with ears kind of resembled a rabbit shaped bun, I decided to actually try and crochet one! I used my bunny scarf pattern as a guide to start out and was going to keep track of what alterations I made...didn't quite work out, but I think if I try again, I should be able to get down a pattern, even if it's not the same as what I did for this one. But I don't know how much interest there would be in such a thing, and I personally only need one...but if people would like to own one, I could certainly make more.


As I was stuffing it, it started to resemble a cat toy that could be filled with catnip. If I had any, I likely would have put some in for my cats to bat around the house. Oh well. It looks kind of like a nugget or an egg too.


One thing I did for sure different from the scarf is crochet the ears right on, whereas the scarf is all separate parts. It made things a lot easier in that sense, but if I were to do the same with the scarves the ends of the ears wouldn't have proper ends. It only works well in this case because the ears are small, I think.


It's eyes are just pink pins. I'll probably sew small buttons or beads on if I can find any. If anything, I suppose I could embroider some on.




Two yellow topped pins are keeping it's ears down until I decide if I want to sew them down or leave them be.


No comments:

Post a Comment