Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Strawberries and Granny Squares


Nothing too new here. Just more strawberries again, but now with leaves and stem attached. I did make another strawberry, not part of the 10 set, since I couldn't remember how I made the others. This one's a little different, as it as a narrower tip. Made it into a brooch/pin and stuck a little flower on since it looked a little plain without it.




I finally got around to learning how to make granny squares. I wanted to use up the purple, since I've had it since I started this blog. I thought I'd magically have enough to make a pair of slippers, but it turns out that I'm nearing the end of the purple's life. It's what I get for making bows and a pompom out of it. Resorted to using my other yarn, which I'm kind of weary to use since I don't want to run out of the good colors! Oh well...it's not like I really need slippers any time soon anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment