Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Painting Rift


A screenshot from the online game RIFT. I used it as a base for a small painting. I couldn't find my tiny canvases, so I resorted to hot gluing three rectangles of fabric onto three postcard type fliers I got at previous conventions. A little tacky from the back, but it served its purpose!
I wish I had smaller brushes when I started working. Best I had was a size 0, which was a little messed up too. Used simple craft acrylic paint, the kind found in Wal*Mart in the small bottles. Again, nothing special, but got the job done.



Drew the basic idea in with pencil then painted the sky first. Probably the easiest part of the whole process.


Tree base.


The tree is probably the best part of the painting. I think it looks the nicest.






I forgot to take a photo of the finished product before giving it away... Just pretend there's another picture with a person sitting and grass lining the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment