Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Frog and Friends


This is a frog. Does it look like a frog? It doesn't look like a frog. It looks kind of like a Matryoshka doll, in shape anyway. Kind of. The blue pins are there to mark where the eyes are going. It's a little silly looking.


Even from the side it doesn't look that frog like. Eventually it'll have arms and legs though, so it can sit on edges like tables, benches, and stuff like that. It's inspired by this frog, sitting and chillin'. I got the head shape wrong, but it's too late to fix it now! No pattern was used, I just counted stitches as went, increasing and decreasing, and eventually just going in the round until I found acceptable places to make changes in the stitching.


I watched the Lalaloopsy movie a week ago. Partly because I think Lalaloopsy dolls are ridiculously adorable and partly because I needed a fairly short movie to fill my time. It was a cute movie, and featured dolls that I didn't even know about yet! I don't actually own any full dolls, just one tiny little blind bag doll.

I really liked the animation of the film, especially the fluidity of how the animals in it moved. All of them were so cute! I felt so inspired by all the cuteness of the movie to make a little cat. It doesn't look that much like the one in the movie, since that was one was solidly pink and had black eyes, two things I didn't have. I'm still happy with what I made. It's squishy. And will likely be a pin later. Squishy pins are awesome.


A couple days ago I felt like sewing more, torn between making a bunka doll and another pony. In the end I went with a bunka, since it required less pieces and I didn't need to trace a pattern. More wingin' it. I used my sewing machine, but I don't know how much faster that actually made things. The doll is pretty small, like the last one I made but I can't remember how small the other one was.

She's a little over 4.5 inches. I only made the body and I started a little on her dress. It's going to be green and her hair will probably either be blue or lime green. Not sure about eye color yet though, but I'll probably paint her face last.

No comments:

Post a Comment