Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

MokoMoko Animals


I saw Captain America: The Winter Soldier on the weekend it came out. Highly recommend. Before the movie, my friends and I shopped around the area. I don't live anywhere near where we saw it, so it was a bit more exciting and interesting for me. On impulse I bought more fluffy yarn, something I have a love/hate relationship with. It's cute, it's soft, but damn is it hard to see stitches when working with it. This is a little different since it's not fluffy all around but closer to eye-lash type yarn. I got it in 2 colors, white and pink.




Eager to use my new yarn, I made quite a few things like bats. Or snowmen, since that's what the white one kind of looks like.


I even chained some plastic pearls myself ! It was actually pretty annoying since I don't have the right kind of pliers for it, but I tried.



I also went back to the animal ice cream idea, this time a panda to make use of both yarn.


Having two layers of fluff made putting the eyes in a bit easier since I didn't have to force the lock down too far. I think I'll get sew on eyes next time. I just have so many of these right now.


At first I considered making it a charm like the bunny, something to hang off a purse or backpack, but as I was digging through the supplies donated by my sister I found some chain.


I'm glad I did too, because I think it looks ridiculously cute as a necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment