Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Dolly Disaster


I got a new set of handsewing needles, which included embroidery needles. The time had come to actually embroider for real since I'd had these three hoops for a while now. I planned out a doll with an embroidered face and went from there. It looked okay in the beginning, aside from the puckering. I used scrap fabric that's too thin and had to fold it over so that the thread wouldn't show through in the back.



The body didn't quite go as planned. The arms stuck out more than what I had drawn out and the legs also weren't meant to crossover, but I let it go. No big deal, right?


Somewhere along the way I really messed up. Maybe it's the hair. Maybe it's that I didn't actually plan out what I wanted it the wear. I don't know. I do know that it didn't turn out how I wanted at all.


At least it's got a cute face...

1 comment: