Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Crafty Package Time!

Let's make Crafty Package Time a thing. Kind of like Happy Package Time [even though that isn't a thing here either...], but with craft specific packages. So...mostly yarn. It won't be a regular thing of course, because I can't afford to go buying a bunch of craft stuff all the time, but every once and a while a big package post might show up. And I'm making a tag for it. YEP.


The giant package! Bow for size reference.


I was not expecting the stuffing to be on top. But I guess it makes sense, since it does serve as padding for the box. Not that a box of yarn really needs padding anyway. Although, if I were scissor crazy while opening it, cutting into the stuffing would be better than cutting into the yarn...well done packaging people!


The yarn! I actually ordered two brushes for a school project, which I almost freaked out about not being in here. They were wrapped up in plastic and in with the yarn. I thought they'd be wrapped and free floating in the box. No picture though.


My usual brand of yarn: Caron Simply Soft. It's got quite an array of colors. The gray, blues, and yellow are for an amigurumi commission. They'll be used for making Dororo of Keroro Gunso / Sgt. Frog.




In return for sharing and donating supplies, I'll be making an amigurumi monkey for Christine De La Creme with the blue. And the black is for another commission! A high neck collar with fancy scalloped edging. Two commissions and I've already spent what I'd be making from them. I shouldn't do that...

1 comment:

  1. Yaaaaay! >w< Can't wait!!! <3 I love how we barter our things and services with each other xD hahaha

    ReplyDelete