Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Silly Cat Dress Progress

Started on the cat dress Wednesday and nearly finished it. It was a long process of trying to remember how to do things as well as make things work since I didn't use a pattern or anything. It's super boxy because of that and I don't mind at all.


Pinning things down to get an idea of how I want it to look.





Just the yoke! It was really odd to make. The collar didn't turn out how I wanted it to, but I think some lace should be able to fix/cover it up.




With the cat fabric pinned on! All gathered and stuffs.


Inside seams. Left a huge seam allowance since I wanted the sleeve to start higher than where the yoke ends. I might actually cut out the extra that didn't get used for anything to make bows and other stuff.


Sleeveless! Super boxy. Armholes still need to be shaped...


Sleeve with cuff~~


And gathering!

At this point it's mostly sewn up. I'm still handsewing the embellishments and the bottom needs to be hemmed. Pictures of that will come another day! I don't know when I'll have time to work on it though, since I've got a test on Tuesday and a rough draft of a "creative nonfiction" paper due that day also...uwah. Maybe Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment