Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pastel Fluff Bows


Nothing gets me fired up to make stuff like having an opportunity to sell in person. I was invited to a cosplay swapmeet/picnic last weekend and decided that I needed to have more variety in my stuff. I'd bought this yarn a while ago and only really used it for accents like on the fluff phone straps or making fluff balls. It's way easier to knit fluffy yarn because I don't have to worry about missing stitches. However, my knitting skills are extremely limited, so I made what I usually make! BOWS!



Took this on assembly-line style! I made all the bases first then wrapped the centers for the bow shape. Since I have black rhinestones I wanted to make use of them more and accented two bows with black.


Stars and sparkles! The black ones both have dark blue-gray stars while the white ones are blue and yellow. I have a lot of blue stars and normally I use pink, but the yarn has yellow in it so yellow seemed like a good way to change things up.


Also made larger bows instead of the usual 2-way styled ones. These have pin backs on the top corners so that can be pinned onto shirts across the chest or on a backpack.







Each pair of bows mirror their "pair" so they can be worn as a pair or shared between friends. Friendship Bows, perhaps?

No comments:

Post a Comment