Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Stitched


I have all these safety eyes that I'm doing nothing with. I don't make enough amigurumi with faces/eyes. Since I bought the tiny 5mm [i think...i tossed out the packaging] eyes for my own experimentation, I thought to use them with the thin crochet thread since it would also be more to scale. The eyes were so big and bug eyed in comparison to the size of the head to me, so I added some stitching details to make it more...odd? I can't think of the right word.


From the top it looks kind of like a brain, a peach, and a butt.


I made each part separately at different times, so when I got to the second/left ear, I forgot what size I had made the first. As I was doing it, I thought it was about the same size, but after attaching it I noticed it was one row bigger! Again, decided to just roll with it and add more stitches.


I wasn't sure if I wanted to give it limbs or not, and if I did, if they would be long and thin or short and stumpy. In the end I just left them out. It gives him a more Kokeshi doll type look without them.


I really like how he turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment