Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

AC Prep: Biscuits

Sweets biscuits! I've wanted to make them for a while, but I kept putting off getting clay and stuff. Finally got around to it when I bought more supplies last Friday. I figured, I was there, I needed more things to sell, why not?


The first batch. I only made 6, two of each shape so that I could test both "frosting/sauces." The chocolate is definitely easier to work with, but I think they both look fine.



Making more~


And more! I bought three colors to mix, and of course had brown clay left over since I only needed a little to mix with the other kind. I had used up most of the main color and 1/3 of the secondary, and a few pinches of the brown. The brown's actually a lot darker, so it's lightened up with the secondary color. I actually really like the chocolate biscuits more, even though in real life they tend to not be sweet enough to me! But since these aren't for eating, it's okay~


After baking, with straps attached and frosting started! I kind of wish I had frosted them before adding the straps though since they kind of got in the way.


All frosted and drying!



In between waiting, I heard my cat make noise, but I couldn't see her anywhere. I thought she was on top of the hutch, but when I got looked, she wasn't there. I looked at my dresser, since I had most of the drawers open [i forget to close them sometimes], but I didn't see her in there either. I wasn't sure if she was further in, so I shook a container of cat treats and her head popped up from behind the drawer! She was sitting on the drawer beneath since the one above was pushed out. Eventually I coaxed her out from the back, then took a picture of her in the top drawer where she went in.



All dry and ready!





Over all, not too bad. I'd like to make more, especially sandwich styled cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment