Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Friday, June 7, 2013

Doughnut Day


Apparently it's National Doughnut Day? Good thing I made some doughnuts last night. To get the summer rollin' I thought I could try crocheting something new. Doughnuts just seemed like a good idea, probably because I wanted to eat some.





Started out with a basic brown. It just made sense.



Mint because I wanted to make two, for more experimenting.


White frosting on the mint doughnut, not that you can really tell.


I originally planned to put mint icing on this one, but instead went on a completely different route and made it into a bear. I used my biggest hook, so they turned out pretty big. My I-hook is generally my go-to hook, so I didn't think much about how big I wanted the doughnuts to be. They're about the size of real doughnuts, if not a bit bigger. The bear looks especially like a kid's toy. It just needs to rattle.



Excuse the doodled on snout. Just laying out decoration to see how it would look with a face. I kinda like it. I don't know about adding frosting though.


More decoration ideas. I don't think I'm going to go the rhinestone route for this though. Beads or just random stitches of yarn would be better for sprinkles, I think.


Although, it does look kinda nice with just the regular sparkles.

No comments:

Post a Comment