Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Redheart


Yes, another pony. This time, Nurse Redheart without cutiemark and hat. She will have a hat made though, I just don't feel the need to make it right away. Again though, making use of what colors I have. I asked the local fan group what they would rather see, Nurse Redheart or Vinyl Scratch [DJ P0N-3] and you can see who one.



After the vote I realized I didn't know how to do her mane! She keeps it in a bun, but how does one go about making that with yarn without just making a regular yarn ball? I couldn't think of anything better than just winding it up like I would to make a pompom but instead of cutting it after securing the center, I fanned it out and just sewed it on like that. It probably would have been better if I used more yarn for it though, but she is just a test pony [that should be going to a new home actually].


I like how the mare head turned out.


You can see her messy bun and the gaps in it. I don't think it's terrible though.


Comparison between mare and stallion. It's a little hard to tell, but her body is also a little shorter. I can't remember by how many rows though! Either by two or one. It's not a huge difference, but well, to me something like that is. I doubt I'd make a separate filly/colt size though, so I guess any ponies I make of that age group will just be normal sized.

Next on my list of ponies to make are probably Diamond Mint and Screwball when I get the colors and more eyes. I've only got one pair of black eyes left! These size anyway, I've got a bunch of a smaller size.


Have I posted these before? I can't remember. At Anime Conji, there was a guy looking to buy a bow for a friend. He asked if I had green, since it was her favorite color but I didn't. I don't know why I didn't, I guess because I didn't think it was a color many people would want. So I bought green. Two very different greens that finally made it to bow form since I was using one for strawberries and the other for a radioactive/zombie bunny [still in progress].

**extra**


Current Simply Soft yarn stash minus black, it was in another bag. I need orange, yellow, and purple variants...

No comments:

Post a Comment