Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Round Flower Pin

Weather's been getting colder here in San Diego. Or maybe it's just my house, specifically my room. The sun has been out lately, and I'm sure that things feel okay outside, but my room has just been so cold! I haven't been out in two days, I would know. Yesterday night [aka this morning at some ungodly hour] I tried a new style of pin. Like most pins I make, I usually have mori girl in mind.


Nothing is actually sewn down in the photo. I just wanted to check layout. The blue flower is actually made from the leftover yarn I used in this bunny. The reason it's so thin is because I unraveled the yarn. Four individual strings, which involved lots of twisting, pulling, and some untangling. But this way I can make more delicate flowers and get four items made with the amount I would usually use for one! Although, next time I'll probably make it a bit shorter, as there was extra that ended up getting used for the ring.



I officially killed my lighter while I was burning the ends of the ribbon. Only one of them is actually sealed, but I honestly doubt it will unravel. Everything is completely sewn down, I just haven't added a pin back to it. I don't know if i want to just attach a regular pin or wait and buy double-brooches. Would this be a cute hair clip? It's pretty decently sized, 3 inches in diameter...


Coordinate sample. Very simple coordinate sample.





And now for some cat pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment