Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Round Flowers and Mori Pins

First, I made a page for Chasing the Frill - > Chasing the Frill on Facebook Woohoo. ;3

Made more mori-inspired pins, some more mori than others. The photos of the round pins are prior to sewing the parts down.


I really like this one. The white buttons have been sewn down with black thread. It's probably the mori-est of the pins because of the darker and earthy tones.



Sweet themed. I actually got inspiration from one my local lolitas, Jess, because she has a hair clip that is meant to look like balloons and I think she has a cardigan in that color of blue. The colors are so bright though, I don't know how well this would actually work with sweet lolita since the colors used are usually more pastel. It's the blue that probably throws it off the most.

Also, I hate crocheting hearts...


I don't actually like this one much, I'm not sure how to decorate the blue one since there wasn't enough to make scallops all around. It's more of a paw shape. I kind of just want to have the green flower, the silver bow, and a frog charm on it, because it reminds me of a lily-pad!

Got back into making the flower pins with dangly-stuffs. I had made the flowers a while back, but wanted to wait until I decided what trim I wanted before I busted out the glue gun. I've still got two other flowers without trim, but I'll save those for another day.


Pre-gluing. Each flower's specific trim is attached with a headpin.



As I was digging around looking for my white ribbon, I found the green organza. Seemed like a good color, and for flowers, I thought why not roll with it.



I also found black ribbon, and went with a black and white colorway for this one. I really like how the white lace looks.


A chain of yarn was added to this one for more variety, but I don't know if I like it much. The lace also hasn't been trimmed/un-gathered, so it seems a bit too busy to me.

I'm really fond of making these styles of pins. I hope others will like them too, or else I won't know what to do with them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment