Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Friday, November 8, 2013

Granny Collar


I'm sorry it's been so long since I last posted! I think I've made a few collars since the last post, but nothing post-worthy? I don't know. I started making an Animal Crossing Marshal amigurumi, but who knows when that will get done. Instead, I made a collar the other night and used up a lot of my white yarn! There's not even enough for a kodama anymore. Oops.



I wore it to class the other day and two friends told me that I might be a grandma. BAH! A fashionable grandma! D;<


It's made of two layers, the first is meant to have a ribbon or something similar strung through it. The bottom layer is just a net/criss-cross type pattern with scallops to give it more texture and cover for warmth.



The top layer is 75 stitches across. When I started making the second layer I measured the chain against the first layer and it looked like it was too short. Thinking I miscounted, I added 10 more stitches! When I started sewing it together, I saw the error, but it was too late. Ahhhh...so I just folded it over. Not the best fix, but I didn't know what else to do. At least it's just a personal project and I've learned my lesson!


Can be worn two ways, depending on what it's worn with. When I wore it with my dress I had it up like the lower picture, but when I put my jacket on which had lower buttons I pulled it down to match and make it look like it was part of the neckline. It was nice and cozy.

No comments:

Post a Comment