Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Flora


Flowers! Made a few with leftover red yarn. I wanted to see what I could make with a five petal flower, but they looked kind of odd when I lined up straight like a headband. When lined up in an arc, they seemed like they could be a necklace or a large two pin brooch, like something that could be pinned to the corner or center of something [like a pillow or the flap of a bag or the top of a tote] or even maybe holding together the top of an unbuttoned cardigan. 


And then I made smaller flowers and put them over, so they could be like the pins I made for some craft swaps. The red flower in the photo is part of the three at the top. I'm unsure what to do about it, since I don't have enough red to make all the red into pins and I don't know how appealing the 3-flower arc is.
But more flowers to come, they're nice and I like making them. Much more than bows.

No comments:

Post a Comment