Welcome! This is ChasingTheFrill's craft blog. Here you'll find progress and finished photos, drawings and other art, food, and sometimes cats.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hats, Pompoms, and Bows

Recall that silly hat I tried to make? Here it is. It looks like a tea cup! I blame my laziness since I triple and double crocheted to make the stitches bigger.


For some reason, the top caved in, I have no idea why. Apparently I can't make a flat circle. That, or it needs support on the inside.



I tried to get a "cone" shape, where the top is bigger and it gets smaller, but I think that was what caused the tea cup shape.


Flexible brim with scallops.


I have no idea what to coordinate it with at the moment. I think if I tried hard enough, I could get it to match Meta's Swan Lake? It's the whitest item I have at the moment, and it's off white...whereas the hat is just white. I'd color it, but it's acrylic and doesn't take color well...


Better pompom picture. Kind of. It's hard to take a good photo of it without it being dangled from something.


Plain pink bow this time.



"Cotton candy" pink and blue striped bow! I figured I'd give it a shot and alternate colors. I find that these two coordinated best out of the colors I had that weren't new.

I don't know what to do about these large bows. They look nice slid onto headbands, but they're also nice clipped or pinned onto things. Selling them online isn't much of an issue since I could just add the clip and pin if needed, but selling in person? I can only offer one or the other, or make duplicates. Decisions, decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment